Over the last 25 years, Stephen Kenney has built more than a dozen marquis housing properties through North Carolina and the southeast, while also developing a reputation a well-known leader in the realty and development industries.
Prior to founding what are now collectively called The Kenney Companies, Mr. Kenney was known foremost as a professional football player. A proud Dean’s List graduate of Clemson University, Mr. Kenney was named ACC All-American and later inducted into the Clemson Hall of Fame. After moving on from his beloved Tigers, Mr. Kenney played 8 years as an offensive lineman for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Detroit Lions. The Eagles’ honored him as a finalist for their 75th Anniversary Team.
In founding Kenney Properties, and later Kenney Realty Services and Kenney Development, Mr. Kenney surpassed his acclaim as a professional athlete and built a lasting legacy. Today, the Kenney Companies control the entire process of developing, building, owning, and operating its apartment communities.
Additionally, Mr. Kenney is proud to have been honored with the following positions and awards:
- Member of the Board of Directors for Clemson University’s Master’s in Real Estate Development and the Richard H. Pennell Center for Real Estate Development
- Developer of the Year and Best Places to Work in the Triangle (Raleigh- Durham-Chapel Hill, NC)
- 1993 Developer of the Year Award for the Wake, Durham and Orange Counties Homebuilder’s Association
- Chairman, City of Raleigh Road Bond Campaigns in 1998 & 2001
- 1998 Winner of Pinnacle Award for Outstanding Business in Raleigh & Wake County, NC Named “Tar Heel of the Week” by the Raleigh News and Observer 2006